Complete and submit the online application form and pay the application fee. The non-refundable $55.00 USD fee must be paid before the application form can be processed. In preparation of submitting the application form for admission, please have your resume ready for upload, and complete your personal essay. The application form will also ask for two recommenders.
Personal Statement: Your essay should address the following areas in 500 words or fewer:
- Your reason for pursuing graduate study at Providence College.
- Your academic background and work experience that qualifies you for the admittance to the MBA program and how this applies to your future plans or career goals.
- Other information that may be of special interest or extenuating circumstances that you would like the program to know about your candidacy.
Two Recommendations: As part of the online application, you must submit the names and contact information of two recommenders who can speak to your ability to be successful in the MBA Program. The recommenders will be sent an email directly from the online application system once you click ‘send to recommender’. The recommenders will complete and submit the recommendation and can upload a letter if they would like. (Note: a recommendation letter is optional; the recommendation form is required.) The Program encourages applicants to select faculty members from their UG major or minor and/or employers.
The applicant is responsible for seeing that recommendations are submitted by the application deadline.
Send to the MBA Office:
Official Transcripts: The MBA Program requires transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary educational institutions. This includes both complete and incomplete degrees/studies in the U.S. and non-U.S. institutions. If the official transcript(s) are not in English, the transcripts will need to be officially translated and evaluated. (Applicants may refer to the Center for International Studies website.) It is recommended that all transcripts are sent electronically to: email@example.com. All transcripts must be sent directly from the academic institution. If a paper copy is requested, this should be sent in a sealed envelope from the institution.
GMAT Score Reports*: MBA applicants are required to take the GMAT exam. The Providence College MBA Program will waive the GMAT requirement for admission consideration if the applicant proves to the satisfaction of the MBA Program, at least one of the following:
- An earned baccalaureate degree in a business major, from a business program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.50.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- United States business licensure, e.g. CPA or CFA.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, in any major, with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 and a minimum of five years of post-baccalaureate professional managerial work experience, including supervisory roles, with increased responsibility over that time period.
- Completion of five semesters of full-time coursework (minimum of 75 credits) taken at Providence College in a business major (accountancy, finance, management, and marketing) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.50.
- Is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society.
- Completion of the Business Analytics or Change Leadership Management Graduate Certificate Program at Providence College (must be applied within the year of completing the certificate program).
*Students who would like to request one of the GMAT waivers listed above should submit a GMAT Waiver Request form to firstname.lastname@example.org. NOTE: Applicants looking for a GMAT waiver should refrain from sending scores to the MBA Program Office. Any score received is automatically considered as part of student’s application. If a waiver is not accepted, the applicant must then see that scores are sent to Providence College. MBA applicants are responsible for ensuring that GMAT scores are released to the MBA program, within five years of taking the exam. The PC MBA code is 3406. The MBA program has no minimum GMAT score, however, we do review the overall score, as well as the sub-scores. The average GMAT score can be viewed on the class profile under Admissions. If an applicant takes the GMAT more than once, we will consider all scores submitted. An MBA applicant may request that an exception be made to substitute the GRE exam by submitting a GRE Substitution Request Form. These exceptions are made generally for students who have taken the GRE more than three years, but up to five years prior to the date of submitting an MBA application.
STEP THREE (International Students Only)
Submit to the following:
- Official TOEFL scores, with a score of at least 100 (internet based), taken within the last 2 years
- Official transcripts, translated
- International students accepted should be prepared to obtain a student visa
The online application form and all other materials must be received by the listed deadlines for consideration.
Application materials may be sent via email or mail:
MBA Program, 135 Ryan Center
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, RI 02918