Under the umbrella of the Berkeley Business Excellence Program, the Berkeley Scholars program, started in 2021, offers mentorship, academic enrichment, and a welcoming scholarly community to students from groups underrepresented at PCSB. Open to first-year PCSB students, the program provides practical guidance to students for whom Providence College presents a new and different academic and social culture from their home communities, from navigating the college’s many and ever-expanding resources to empowering members to achieve their academic, personal, and professional goals. Above all else, becoming a Berkeley Scholar means joining a supportive community of scholars who work together to thoughtfully engage in college life, find success, and prepare for the exciting road ahead.
Berkely scholars will participate in workshops, roundtables, and advising events that support academic achievement, facilitate mentorship across cohorts, and provide ongoing academic and professional development opportunities. Complete benefits include:
- Mentorship and support from a community of peers, alumni, faculty, and staff
- Personalized advising & mentoring.
- Pre-registration for PCSB courses.
- Access to financial support for academic and professional opportunities.
- Programs about career pathways.
- Skill developing workshops.
- Invitation to networking events featuring upper-class students, faculty, administrators, and PC alumni
Topics covered in these sessions will include advice from recruiters, resume-writing best practices, interviewing & communications skill-building, and development of soft skills, such as public speaking, project management, and leadership development.
The Berkeley Scholar application for the PCSB Class of 2027 will open in October 2023.