M.S. in Business Analytics Application Steps
There are four components of the PC Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) application: the online application form, including the nonrefundable application fee, a personal statement, two recommendation forms, and official transcripts. Please see below for more information on completing your PC MSBA application. We look forward to reviewing it!
Complete and submit the online application and pay the application fee. The non-refundable fee must be paid after you submit your online application. In preparation of submitting the application, please have your resume and personal essay ready for upload. The application will also ask for two recommenders.
It is encouraged to submit the online application form first and foremost and, then, submit other items, such as transcripts and scores. In so doing, students will be able to track their application status online and the PCSB Graduate Programs office can contact the student with upcoming deadline information.
Personal Statement: Your essay should address the following areas in 500 words or fewer:
- Why do you want to pursue your MSBA? Why at PC? And why are you pursuing an MSBA at this time?
- How does your academic background and work experience qualify you for the admittance to the MSBA program?
- How will attaining a PC MSBA support your future plans and career goals?
Two Recommendations: As part of the online application, you must submit the names and contact information of two recommenders who can speak to your ability to be successful in the MSBA Program. The recommenders will be sent an email directly from the online application system once you click “send to recommender.” No more than two recommendations is preferred.
The recommenders will complete and submit the recommendation and can upload a letter if they would like. (Note: a recommendation letter is optional; the recommendation form is required.)
Tips on Recommendations:
- Academic recommendations are preferable. Select instructor(s) from your undergraduate major who are able to speak about your academic performance and ability to perform MSBA-level work.
- For applicants who are no longer in contact with their undergraduate professors, professional recommendations should be submitted by a current or former supervisor. This is preferably someone who has known you for some time and who is familiar with your skills, abilities, and personality.
- Formally ask your two recommenders if they are willing to submit a recommendation before submitting their name in the application form and at least three-to-four weeks prior to the application deadline. Provide them with details, such as the deadline, and let them know that they will receive an emailed link from the application site. The MSBA recommendation form should not take too long to complete and is required; letters are optional. All items must be received by the application deadline to be considered.
- Use caution when entering the recommenders’ email address in the online application; check for accuracy.
- You may send reminder links to your recommenders through the application site as the deadline approaches.
The applicant is responsible for seeing that recommendations are submitted by the application deadline.
Official Transcripts (Domestic): The MSBA Program requires transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary educational institutions. This includes both complete and incomplete degrees/studies in the U.S. and non-U.S. institutions. All transcripts must be sent directly from the academic institution, not the applicant.
Please have all official transcripts are sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred), or via mail to: Graduate Admissions, Providence College, Office of Admission, 1 Cunningham Square, Providence, RI 02918.
Check Application Status. MSBA applicants are responsible for monitoring their application. Applicants can monitor their application status online. The PCSB Graduate Programs office will email applicants once all application materials have been sent to the PCSB Graduate Programs office and the application is complete. To protect the privacy of our applicants, we do not release the application status or decision via non-official email, phone, or fax. In addition, we do not discuss an applicant’s status with anyone except the applicant.
The MSBA Program does NOT provide visa sponsorship for this program. Please consider the MBA Program with a Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics.