PCSB Registration Policies & Procedures
PCSB students are eligible to preregister for business courses prior to the open registration period each semester. Only PCSB students who have met with their PCSB academic advisor and/or have attended the first-year advising workshops are eligible for PCSB preregistration. Students must obtain their altPIN from their faculty or first-year advisor prior to registration in order to register. Students are permitted to register for only accountancy, finance, management, and marketing courses during PCSB preregistration. Students who register for non-PCSB courses will be dropped from all non-business courses.
Steps to prepare for PCSB preregistration:
- Read emails from the PCSB carefully for updates and reminders.
- Select courses and alternate courses from the CyberFriar searchable schedule two to three weeks before PCSB preregistration.
- Review this website for course offerings and registration information. Please check course prerequisites/restrictions carefully and have alternative schedule configurations in mind in the event that sections are closed.
- Contact your academic advisor to schedule an appointment to review course selection and to obtain an altPIN.
- Make sure to be able to access CyberFriar well in advance of the registration period in case of issues with firewalls, security, etc.
- Check for any account holds two to three weeks before PCSB preregistration. Holds can be viewed on CyberFriar – Student Services / Student Records / View Holds. If there are any account holds, work to get them resolved as soon as possible as some holds may take two weeks or longer to clear. Please note the PCSB and/or your academic advisor cannot remove holds or register you for classes.
- In case of error messages during preregistration, refer to the Office of the Registrar website for error definitions or visit the Office of Enrollment Services that morning.
- During PCSB preregistration, Enrollment Services will delete all courses other than ACC, FIN, MGT, or MKT from the student’s course schedule. Notification will be sent to students who register for non-PCSB courses during PCSB preregistration.
Reminder: PCSB students must meet with their faculty advisor or first-year students must attend the first-year advising workshops to receive their altPIN.
Helpful tutorial videos can found and viewed on the Office of the Registrar website.
Suggested registration tutorials you may find useful:
- How to Use College Scheduler
- How to Search for Courses on CyberFriar
- How to Search for Courses on CyberFriar by Core Requirement/Attribute
- How to Search for Courses on CyberFriar by Time
- How to Generate a Degree Audit
- How to Generate a What-If Degree Audit