Welcoming New Members to the PCSB Community (Fall 2021)
As we return to the Ryan Center for the fall semester, the PC School of Business is thrilled to welcome new students, faculty, programs, and more to the PCSB community.
During Orientation we enjoyed meeting our first-year business majors, who make up 36% of incoming PC undergraduate students this fall. That is 374 new PCSB students! Of those, 167, or 45%, are finance majors, the most popular major for the PCSB Class of 2025 thus far – and second most popular major for all first-year PC students after “undeclared.”
This autumn marks the launch of the PCSB’s new graduate program, the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA). The MSBA has proven popular already and the first cohort filled nearly to capacity. In addition, the PCSB Graduate Program enrolled 91 new MBA students. In total, PCSB graduate programs encompass about 49% of new PC graduate students this year.
The PCSB is also pleased to welcome these faculty and staff members this semester:
- Robert Camp, practitioner faculty in finance; Ph.D., Northeastern University
- Mona Jabbari, assistant professor of finance; Ph.D., University of Oregon
- Nea North, assistant professor of marketing; Ph.D., University of California, Irvine
- Susan Riley, career coach for PCSB graduate students, J.D., New England School of Law
- Kate Felder, senior administrative coordinator for the PCSB Dean’s Office
Over the summer the PCSB Business Advisory Council (BAC) named its newest members. We are honored that the following executives will join the BAC in guiding and advising Dean Maxfield and the leadership team at the PCSB:
- Lynne Berard ’93 and ’24P, president, North America, of Samsonite, LLC
- Duane Bouligny ’94, trustee emeritus, managing director, Wells Fargo & Company
- Chris DuBois ’93, managing director, Instinet, a Normura Company
- Meghan Hinds ’00, managing director, hospitality division, Wells Fargo Bank
- Michael McBreen ’87, executive vice president, Integra Lifesciences, & president, Codman Specialty Surgical
All in all, we are excited to get to know all of these amazing people and are humbled that they have chosen to join our Friar Family.