PCSB Course Registration Exceptions
PCSB Course Registration Exception Process
The course registration exception process allows the PCSB to serve students more efficiently and make appropriate programmatic decisions. Students should consult with their PCSB academic advisor prior to submitting an exception request form. PCSB faculty cannot accept or grant exception requests. Submission of an exception form does not guarantee enrollment in the course. The PCSB will determine seat availability based on a variety of factors.
Conditions for submitting an exception request:
- Must be junior or senior status or have holds preventing registration.
- If there is an open section of the course, students will need to register for it. There will be no exceptions, and an exception form will not be accepted. The PCSB will only accept exception requests for closed sections of courses.
- Valid reasons for exception requests are the following: course(s) needed for graduation that semester/year, prerequisite issues that would delay graduation, or holds preventing registration. Personal scheduling conflicts are not valid reasons for an exception request.
Steps for submitting an exception request:
- Student must first waitlist themselves on CyberFriar on-line waitlist.
- Complete a Course Registration Exception Request form. One form should be completed for each course request.
- Bring the completed request form to the PCSB Undergraduate Program Office in Ryan Center 135. Forms will be accepted for 2 weeks starting on the day of PCSB preregistration.
- The office will notify the student via his or her PC email address if a space becomes available and whether he or she has been registered for the course.