Complete and submit the online application and pay the application fee. The non-refundable $55.00 USD fee must be paid before the application can be processed. In preparation of submitting the application for admission, please have your resume ready for upload, and complete your personal essay.
Personal Statement: Your essay should address the following areas in 500 words or fewer:
- Your reason for pursuing graduate study at Providence College.
- Your academic background and work experience that qualifies you for the admittance to the MBA program and how this applies to your future plans or career goals.
- Other information that may be of special interest or extenuating circumstances that you would like the program to know about your candidacy.
Send to the MBA Office:
Official Transcripts: The MBA Program requires transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary educational institutions. This includes both complete and incomplete degrees/studies in the U.S. and non-U.S. institutions. If the official transcript(s) are not in English, the transcripts will need to be officially translated and evaluated. (Applicants may refer to the Center for International Studies website.) All transcripts must be sent from the academic institution to the MBA Program Office in sealed envelopes.
Two Recommendations: Download and complete recommendation form and send it to two individuals who can speak to your ability to be successful in the MBA Program. Recommenders should send the recommendation form directly to the MBA Program. Instructions are listed on the form. Note: this form cannot be accepted unless signed by both the applicant and the recommender. The Program encourages applicants to select faculty members from their UG major or minor and/or employers.
GMAT Score Reports*: MBA applicants are required to take the GMAT exam. The Providence College MBA Program will waive the GMAT requirement for admission consideration if the applicant proves to the satisfaction of the MBA Program, at least one of the following:
- An earned baccalaureate degree in a business major, from a business program accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.50.
- An earned terminal graduate degree (PhD, MD, JD, etc.) from an accredited institution.
- United States business licensure, e.g. CPA or CFA.
- An earned baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution, in any major, with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00 anda minimum of five years of post-baccalaureate professional managerial work experience, including supervisory roles, with increased responsibility over that time period.
- Completion of 6 semesters of full-time coursework (minimum of 90 credit hours) in a business major (accountancy, finance, management, and marketing) with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.6 at Providence College.
- Is a member of the Beta Gamma Sigma honor society.
*Students who would like to request one of the GMAT waivers listed above should submit a GMAT Waiver Request form to email@example.com. NOTE: Applicants looking for a GMAT waiver should refrain from sending scores to the MBA Program Office. Any score received is automatically considered as part of student’s application. If a waiver is not accepted, the applicant must then see that scores are sent to Providence College.MBA applicants are responsible for ensuring that GMAT scores are released to the MBA program, within five years of taking the exam. The PC MBA code is 3406. The MBA program has no minimum GMAT score, however, we do review the overall score, as well as the sub-scores. The average GMAT score can be viewed on the class profile under Admissions.If an applicant takes the GMAT more than once, we will consider all scores submitted. An MBA applicant may request that an exception be made to substitute the GRE exam by submitting a GRE Substitution Request Form. These exceptions are made generally for students who have taken the GRE more than three years, but up to five years prior to the date of submitting an MBA application.
Application materials may be sent via email or mail:
MBA Program, 135 Ryan Center
1 Cunningham Square
Providence, RI 02918