The application process for the fellowship program opens each year in February. Interviews are conducted in March, with invitations to selected students sent by April.
Applications for the 2018-19 fellowship team will close on Feb. 25th.
The fellowship roles for the 2018-19 team will include Manager, Community Manager, Editor, Analyst, and Brand Journalist. Open all to PC undergraduate students of all majors.
The Social Media Fellowship strives to meet the following goals:
• Communicate PCSB experience and brand values through social media to its stakeholders, including current students, employees of PCSB, alumni, parents, & potential students.
• Develop more awareness of events, course requirements, programs, deadlines, and business news by increasing traffic to the PCSB website.
• Enhance the sense of community of PCSB stakeholders through social media engagement.
In order to meet these goals, the fellowship students will be in charge of managing the PCSB Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts. The team will also create regular blogs and videos, meeting on a weekly basis to strategize social media content and goals.
This fellowship is a 10-hour/week commitment for the Fall and Spring semesters. Training for the fellowship will begin one week prior to the start of the semester. Students will not be considered for the fellowship if they plan to study abroad for the upcoming academic year.
Benefits include but are not limited to:
• An opportunity to represent Providence College & the Providence College School of Business
• A one night paid trip to New York to visit digital marketing offices (past trips have included Google, Facebook, Twitter, and UnTuckit)
• A $500 stipend (modifications applied as necessary for students in the federal work study program)
• Significant networking opportunities with alumni in this field
• A certificate presented at the PCSB Awards Ceremony
• One-of-a-kind hands-on learning experience