Congratulations, You’ve Been Accepted! – Next Steps
Welcome to PC! We are delighted to have you join the PC MBA community! Now that you’ve been accepted, you will be emailed an acceptance packet. The packet will include information on courses required for MBA degree completion and forms that must be signed and returned.
1. To confirm your decision and to secure a spot in the MBA Program, you must send back the:
- signed letter of intent
- signed policies and procedures
- signed academic analysis
- $220 non-refundable enrollment fee
After confirming attendance, next steps are as follows:
2. Students receive a letter from PC that will include campus login information (e.g. username and passwords for registration and more). Please ensure your mailing address is up to date with the MBA Office.
- PC Email
- Network access
3. Student ID: Students enrolled in a degree program are eligible for a PC ID card, which allows access to parking, the library, printing, the RIPTA bus line, etc. To sign up for an ID, go to http://www.providence.edu/id/Pages/default.aspx to download a photo. ID cards are generally available for pick-up in the PC ID Office, Harkins 401, within 2-3 business days.
4. Parking Sticker: Graduate students are eligible for a free parking sticker to be able to park on campus. Stickers should be requested here. Stickers are mailed within 2-3 business days. Student parking is available after 4:30pm around Harkins Hall, behind Ruane Center for Humanities and Phillips Memorial Library, and in the Anderson Stadium garage. These locations may be viewed on the Safety and Security website.
5. Meet with the MBA Career Coach and Search for an Internship!* All MBA students must complete an internship and must be concurrently registered for the MBA 699: Internship course within the first semester in the MBA Program. Students should meet with the MBA Career Coach, Bob Green to learn about next steps and opportunities. Students may also utilize the Center for Career Education & Professional Development or speak with the MBA Faculty instructor for MBA 699. Please refer to full details on our Current Students page.
*students with commensurate career experience may be waived with the approval of the MBA Office.
6. Work with an Advisor: The MBA Program Office will email students a program plan template with instructions. Students will complete a tentative program plan and email this back to the MBA Advisor. The advisor and student will work together to form the student’s curriculum and to plan what classes the student will register for.
7. Attend the mandatory Academic Advising Session and New Student Orientation.
At this event, students will:
- learn about the MBA curriculum overview
- learn about campus resources
- learn about the importance of leadership
- participate in team-building activities
- gain knowledge on professional ethics and integrity
- have networking opportunities
8. Register for Courses: Students register on CyberFriar for classes previously selected with the MBA advisor.
New Student Resources
Students may access course materials and books at the Providence College bookstore website by entering the course information and term. Books are available for purchase or rental.
A campus map of the College can be found here.
Students enrolled in a degree program and taking a full-time course load (9-credits or above) are eligible for a gym membership at the Concannon Fitness Center. A membership may be purchased for $50 per semester. More information can be found at the Fitness Center website.
Student dining is available at: