Meet PCSB: Graduate Assistants & Student Workers

Posted by: | Posted on: September 23, 2015 |Comments (0)
Cara Dooley

Cara Dooley

Name: Cara Dooley

Job Title: Graduate Assistant, PCSB Undergraduate Office/MBA Office

Job Description: The Graduate Assistant for the Undergraduate Office in the School of Business is responsible for the oversight of a variety of administrative support tasks for the Program and School including course and event support, research assistance, marketing and communications, and office logistics.

Education: Providence College ’15 – BS in Management with a Finance Minor; currently in the Providence College MBA Program with a Marketing Concentration

Favorite part of your job: I enjoy working with current, past, and prospective students in the School of Business as they work towards earning a degree and building a career beyond PC.

What are your post-graduation plans?  I hope to join the Global Marketing Team at Hasbro, Inc.

Interests outside of work: Sailing and relaxing with family and friends on Cape Cod.

Surprising fact about you: I have had four concussions but no broken bones!

Cody Edwards

Cody Edwards

Name: Cody Edwards

Job title: Graduate Assistant to the PCSB Dean’s Office

Job Description: I am involved in research tasks/as needed projects for the School of Business, as well as assisting with event planning for School of Business Events and administrative tasks.

Education: I attended PC undergrad where I earned my B.S. in accounting with a minor in finance, and I am currently taking classes with the PC MBA Program with a concentration in accounting.

Favorite part of your job: I am one of the first faces that you will see as you walk into Koffler Hall, home of the PCSB offices, so I get to greet everyone that comes in. Also the people- working with the staff down in Koffler is always a great time and makes every day of work enjoyable.

What are your post-graduation plans? When I have finished my MBA here at PC, I will be shipping up to Boston to begin my accounting career with the firm McGladrey as a Tax Associate.

Interests outside of work: I am big into nature; I really enjoy snorkeling, fishing, spearfishing, attempting to surf, kayaking, stand-up paddleboard yoga (on my more adventurous days), and lacrosse.

Surprising fact about you: I have repeatedly won the award for “Best Vocal Performance While Sitting in Heavy Traffic with the Windows Down.” The song I sang to win this past year’s award was my rendition of “Chandelier” by Sia. This award is of course very prestigious and voted upon by myself.

Nathan Gelinas

Nathan Gelinas

Name: Nathan Gelinas

Job title: Graduate Assistant, MBA Program

Job Description: Provide office support for the MBA Program, the School of Business, and the faculty and staff of the School of Business.

Education: B.S. in BioChemistry from Sacred Heart University, May 2011; M.S. in Chemistry, Sacred Heart University-Pending Completion of Thesis; MBA with a Concentration in Accounting, Providence College December 2015

Favorite part of your job: Interacting with the students both in the class room and the work environment, as well as working with great people.

What are your post-graduation plans? Hopefully to have an accounting job with a reputable accounting firm.

Interests outside of work: I love to play soccer and will play any chance I get. I love to cook; BBQ is my specialty. I am about to begin competition shooting.

Surprising fact about you: A surprising fact that people do not know about me is that I was adopted.

Chris Little

Chris Little

Name: Christopher Little

Job title: Graduate Assistant, MBA Program

Job Description: I manage and record office emails, mail, and other MBA Program documentation. I help prepare for MBA events and complete research projects for the program as needed. I am the primary contact for the MBA Office and answer questions or concerns for applicants, students, and other visitors.

Education: Providence College, BA in Philosophy, 2009; Providence College, MBA, 2016

Favorite part of your job: I enjoy making our day-to-day activities more efficient and environmentally-friendly.

What are your post-graduation plans? I am pursuing opportunities involving financial or operations analysis with large investment firms, federal agencies, or government contractors.

Interests outside of work: I like to read books and travel with my family.

Surprising fact about you:  I am an avid organic gardener.

Victoria Rodriguez-Alcala

Victoria Rodriguez-Alcala

Name: Victoria Rodriguez-Alcala

Job title: Student worker

Job Description: Student workers at PCSB assist the supervisors with the management and operations of the PCSB Office. Primary responsibilities of the student worker are to organize files and documentation, assist students who come into the office, answer the phone, and more. Various projects may be assigned by the office coordinator and office assistant as needed.

Education: Currently a senior at PC with a marketing major and finance minor

Favorite part of your job: The overall office environment and staff.

What are your post-graduation plans? I will return home (Paraguay) and work there in a marketing firm. I also want to do something for the poverty in my country. After a few years I will most likely return to the US for an MBA.

Interests outside of work: Sports, running, cycling, reading.

Surprising fact about you: I have four nationalities (Italy, Spain, Paraguay, and USA).

Ted Seufert

Ted Seufert

Name: Ted Seufert

Job title: Graduate Assistant, PCSB Undergraduate Office

Job Description: Performing general administrative duties throughout the office to keep the Business School running smoothly. I assist professors with various research projects and tasks to better facilitate the learning environment. I also support departmental processes relating to student advising and the changing of majors/minors.

Education : I graduated from PC this past May with a BS in Finance. Currently, I am continuing my education here at Providence College in the 4+1 MBA Program.

Favorite part of your job: It’s very rewarding to be able to help faculty, staff, and current students on a daily basis. For students, College can be a stressful time for many different reasons. Being able to help and play a supporting role for students and teachers is my favorite part of the job.

What are your post-graduation plans? Right now, I am still seeking employment for after I complete my MBA from PC in May. I am interested in a career in commercial banking, treasury, or investments, but I’m still not 100% sure as to which career path I’ll follow.

Interests outside of work: I enjoy playing golf, watching sports, going to the movies, and spending time with friends and family.

Surprising fact about you: I am 22 years old and I have never tried any type of seafood.

Tim Sullivan

Tim Sullivan

Name: Tim Sullivan

Job title: Student Office Assistant in the PCSB.

Job Description: General day to day activities such as keeping track of supply inventory, accomplishing office tasks when needed, taking on projects given by professors.

Education: PC undergrad (projected graduation 2017) as a marketing major with a minor in Spanish and finance.

Favorite part of your job: My favorite part of working in the business school is being able to interact in a different manner with teachers outside of the classroom. It’s nice being able to get to know them on a personal level and be able to assist them with whatever they need. I believe it makes for a better classroom experience.

What are your post-graduation plans? I’m hoping to work in NYC in ad-tech sales industry or work for technology companies in business development.

Interests outside of work: I love to golf, play basketball, and to fish. I am also starting to take an interest in computer coding.

Surprising fact about you: I’ve never flown a kite.

Tara Walter

Tara Walter

Name: Tara Walter

Job Description:  I help to manage the PCSB dean’s office, primarily within the area of marketing & communications.  I also assist on an as-needed basis with the budget, operations & data management department.  Essentially, I try to be wherever I’m needed in order to help keep the PCSB running smoothly.

Education:  I graduated in May 2015 from Providence College with a B.S. in Accounting; I’m currently working towards my MBA in the 4+1 program here at PC.

Favorite part of your job: The people involved in running the PCSB are the best part of my job.  Everyone here treats helping PC students as the highest priority, while working together to constantly improve our school of business.

What are your post-graduation plans?  Once I complete my MBA, I will be heading down to New York next fall to begin an audit position with Deloitte.

Interests outside of work:  Traveling and getting to the beach (when appropriate); I also enjoy cooking, reading, and spending time with friends and family.

Surprising fact about you:  I was on the swim team as an undergrad here at PC. Go Friars!