Ruane Award for Business Education Innovation
The Business Education Innovation Center (BEIC) inaugurated the Ruane Award for Business Education Innovation in 2016.
Submissions of manuscripts and publications with a focus on business education innovation, spanning all business disciplines are vetted annually by a panel comprised of seasoned business education professionals, and the finalist(s) receive an award of $5,000.
Through their work, the award selection committee assists the BEIC in accomplishing the following objectives:
- Emphasizing the importance of innovation in business education
- Sharing innovative techniques or practices easily adapted to any business discipline
- Raising awareness of business education innovation for the larger business faculty audience
- Rewarding business education innovation research
A call for submissions is extended in early fall and recipients are selected and notified by early spring.
Congratulations to the Recipient of the Inaugural Ruane Award for Business Education Innovation
Dr. Robert A. Snyder
Professor of Management
Haile/US Bank College of Business
Northern Kentucky University
“Let’s Burn Them All: Reflections on the Learning-Inhibitory Nature of Introduction to Management and Introduction to Organizational Behavior Textbooks,” Journal of Management Education, Vol. 38, No. 5 (October), pp. 733-758.
The Providence College School of Business extends its thanks to the following members of the 2016 Ruane Award Selection Committee:
- Lloyd Baird, Boston University
- Brendan Bannister, Northeastern University
- Mirjeta Beqiri, Gonzaga University
- Cindy Corritore, Creighton University
- Priscilla Elsass, Clark University
- Donna Fletcher, Bentley University
- Jon Garfinkel, University of Iowa
- Steven Kursh, Northeastern University
- Jane Parent, Merrimack College
- Chris Stevens, Gonzaga University